SCOTS drivers are being urged to plan forward as a part of Glasgow metropolis heart can be closed for hours at present.
Quite a few roads throughout the town can be closed at present as hundreds of runners participate within the Glasgow Race for Life 2023.
Attendees will take to the streets to lift cash for most cancers analysis, which is being held for the thirtieth time.
The 5K takes place at present and formally begins at 10.30am.
And it invitations everybody from the seasoned athlete to the weekly jogger to take part in three completely different occasions for charity.
Runners can collect on the assembly level at Nelson’s Monument on Glasgow Inexperienced.
From Glasgow Inexperienced, members journey as much as the Saltmarket, alongside Trongate, previous the well-known George Sq. earlier than reaching energetic Buchanan Road and right down to the Clydeside.
Glasgow Metropolis Council has confirmed an inventory of roads that can be closed from 6am to 4pm through the race.
Throughout this time, motorists are forbidden to drive on the roads and no automobiles are allowed to attend or be loaded.
The next roads can be closed:
- Albert Bridge – between Saltmarket and Crown Road
- Anchor Lane – full size
- Argyle Road – between Hope Road and Queen Road
- Buchanan Road – full size
- Candleriggs – full size
- Clyde Road – full size (entry to Maxwell Road retained)
- Cochrane Road – full size
- Congress Street – full size (one lane)
- Crown Road – between Ballater Road and Saltmarket
- Fastlink (Anderston Quay and Broomielaw)
- Finnieston Quay – full size (single lane, lateral)
- Garth Road – full size
- George Road – between George Sq. and Montrose Road
- George Sq. – all sides
- Glassford Road – full size
- Gorbals Road – between Ballater Road and Clyde Road
- Greendyke Road – full size
- Hanover Road – George Sq. and Ingram Road
- Howard Road – full size
- Hutcheson Road between Trongate and Wilson Streets
- Ingram Road – between Queen Road and Miller Road
- Jamaica Road – full size
- John Road – full size
- King George V Bridge – full size
- King Road – between Parnie Road and Trongate
- Lancefield Quay – full size
- Martha Road – full size
- Midland Road – full size
- Mitchell Road – between Argyle Road and Mitchell Lane
- Montrose Road – between Ingram Road and West George Road
- Nelson Mandela Place – full size
- North Frederick Road – full size
- North Hanover Road – between George Sq. and Cathedral Road
- Queen Road – full size
- Royal Change Sq. – alongside its whole size
- Saltmarket – full size
- South Frederick Road – full size
- St. Vincent Place – between Queen Road and Buchanan Road
- Stockwell Place – full size
- Stockwell Road – full size
- The Clyde Arc (Fastlink Lanes)
- Trongate – full size
- Turnbull Road – between Greendyke Road and Metal Road
- Union Road – full size
- Victoria Bridge – full size
- West George Road – between Hope Road and George Sq.
- Wilson Road – between Candleriggs and Hutcheson Streets
A number of bus lanes have been additionally closed throughout these hours.
The next bus routes can be affected between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m.:
- LW0145 – Argyle Road, eastbound between Hope St and Union Road
- LW0138 – Glassford Road, north sure between Argyle Road and Ingram Road
- LW0317 – North Hanover Road, heading north between George Sq. and Cathedral Road
- LW0630 – Stockwell Road, Southbound on Gorbals Road (Victoria Bridge)
- LW0756 – West George Road on West Nile Road East to Nelson Mandela Place
- LW0832 – Oswald Road, heading north to Midland Road
- LW0756 – West George Road and Nelson Mandela Place, eastbound
- George Sq. (South) Head west after South Frederick Road
We pay to your tales and movies! Do you could have a narrative or video for The Scottish Solar? E mail us at [email protected] or name 0141 420 5200